September 3, 2015
Top 5 Essentials for Your Truck
As a long haul truck driver, you spend a lot of time on the road and in your truck. Essentially, your truck is your home away from home and as such, you should make it as comfortable as possible. To ensure that you’re going to enjoy life on the road a little more, we suggest having these 5 items in your cab at all times.
- Mini fridge – If you want to eat healthy while on the road, there’s only so much you can store in your cooler without it going bad. Having a mini fridge or a 12-volt cooler will let you store perishables as long as you need them.
- Tablet or laptop – Today’s day and age makes it easy to keep connected with your family. Thanks to laptops and tablets, you can keep in touch, download useful trucker apps and pass the time while you’re on break. Just make sure you bring your charger with you!
- GPS – With the updated technology, you have the ability to have updated maps at your fingertips with a trusty GPS. Navigating your destination and seeing it turn-by-turn is convenient and safe.
- Tools – If you’re not an owner operator, you probably won’t be working on your own truck. However, you still need the basic tools like an adjustable wrench, duct tape, electrical tape, screwdrivers and gloves. Trucks aren’t guaranteed to run 24/7 so it’s important that you have the tools in case your stuck on the side of the road.
- Emergency kit – Just like the tool set, you’ll never know when you’ll need an emergency kit. This is especially important if you are ever stranded on the side of the road in severe weather. Build an emergency kit with extra food and water, flashlight, battery-powered radio, extra batteries, flares, sleeping bag, warm clothing, shovel and chains.
Keeping these items on hand will help you not only now, but also in the long run. They will keep you safe and comfortable while you’re on the road. There’s no reason that your truck can’t be a place of solitude, especially with how often you’re in it. For more tips and tricks when it comes to truck driving and all that comes with it, follow our blog!