Get Your Operating Authority
Want to become an owner operator or start your own trucking company? Don’t let paperwork slow you down. Get everything you need, including your USDOT Number, Motor Carrier (MC) Number, and more, as part of our operating authority package.
Our Operating Authority Package
We can help you with everything you need to get your trucking authority. Our package includes:
- MC Number
- USDOT Number
- BOC-3 Process Agent Filing
- Our getting started guide (a $49 value)
- 2 free hours of consulting from our coaches (a $140 value)
Get your new motor carrier operating authority today for just $499!
What is Operating Authority?
Operating authority, also called trucking authority, is permission from the government to haul loads commercially for hire. There are two main pieces of your operating authority: a USDOT Number and MC Number. You need your operating authority if:
- You want to start your own trucking company
- You want to become an owner operator
- You want to become a broker
You’ll also need your BOC-3 process agent filing and make sure your company can pass a new entrant safety audit.
Want to learn more about getting your trucking authority? Check out Haulin Assets, our podcast all about getting behind the wheel and starting your trucking company. We talk about getting your operating authority in episode 3.
Why Choose Motor Carrier HQ to Get Your Operating Authority?
We know how confusing government regulations can be. That’s why we work directly with you to figure out what your new company needs and apply for your MC Number for you. When you work with Motor Carrier HQ, we:
- Save you time. We get all the paperwork done for you, so you can focus on getting your truck on the road. Don’t let paperwork slow you down!
- Save you money. Government regulations can be tricky. We make sure you don’t spend more than you have to. We find what you need (and even what you don’t), so you’re not spending more on registrations or taxes than necessary.
- Give you peace of mind. Your business is unique, which is why we focus on doing the work right the first time. We believe in the work smarter not harder method, which means we take the time needed to get the paperwork filled out correctly, so you don’t have to worry about fines for mistakes in your paperwork.
Don’t work with more than one company to become an owner operator. We are a one-stop shop when it comes to obtaining the authority you need to become an owner operator or start your own trucking company. We stand firmly behind putting our client’s success in front of our own.
What You Can Expect From Us
When you call Motor Carrier HQ, we can get your USDOT Number and MC Number the same day you apply. Just give us a call, and our coaches can help walk you through the necessary paperwork. We are happy to take the time to answer all your questions, not only about the FMCSA Registration process, but all that it takes to start and run a successful trucking company.
Once we’ve filled out the application for your USDOT Number and MC Number, it takes a minimum of 21 days for your trucking authority to become active. During that time, we can help you:
- Get proper insurance.
- Complete all drug and alcohol requirements
- Meet any other registration requirements
When your trucking authority has become active, you’ll also need to prepare for the DOT New Entrant Safety Audit as part of FMCSA’s New Entrant Safety Assurance Program. We can help with that, too!
I wish I could give more than 5 stars. Tyler and the rest of his team have been nothing but helpful, responsive, and full of knowledge. I thought getting my authority would be the hardest part of starting my business and with these guys it ended up being one of the most painless parts. I highly reccomend Motor Carrier HQ to anyone trying to start their own trucking business!
Have Questions? Give us a Call!
If you have any questions about becoming an owner operator or starting your own trucking company give us a call! Our coaches are happy to answer any questions you have about the process of starting your own company.