Motor Carrier Authority
Our New Motor Carrier Authority package includes:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Filing Fee – $300
- DOT Number
- MC Number
Get your motor carrier authority within 1 hour! All it takes is 5 minutes to fill out the application form.
Motor Carrier Authority
Want to Start Your Own Trucking Company?
If you want to start your own trucking company, you may need to get your own Motor Carrier Authority. Motor Carrier Authority, also known as Interstate Trucking Authority, is required for trucking company owners that operate as for-hire motor carriers and transporting passengers or federally-regulated commodities in interstate commerce. At Motor Carrier HQ, we understand what matters most to your business is making a profit by staying on the road. However, valuable time is spent on paperwork – slowing down your business.
What Does Our Motor Carrier Authority Package Include?
Don’t let paperwork slow your new trucking company down! If you want to get your new trucking company on the road, get our motor carrier authority package, which includes:
- FMCSA Registration Fee – Every new trucking company has to pay a $300 fee to the FMCSA to register under the FMCSA.
- USDOT Number – A USDOT Number acts as a unique identification number for your company. Trucking companies generally need a USDOT Number if they are hauling for-hire and their vehicle weighs more than 10,001 lbs (whether it’s a GVWR, GCWR, GVW, or GCW).
- MC Number – Your Motor Carrier Number (also called operating authority) allows your company to operate according to the FMCSA’s regulations. This number is tied to your USDOT Number and is necessary to start your trucking company.
- BOC-3 – Only a process agent can file the BOC-3. Don’t worry about this one. We’ll do it for free as part of our complete package!
Need more info? Watch our video to learn more about getting your motor carrier authority:
Why Choose Motor Carrier HQ?
Motor Carrier HQ will file your new Motor Carrier Authority for a low cost of $395 and we guarantee it gets filed correctly – all within one hour.
If we fail to make the one hour time frame during our regular business hours, we will give you a $50 credit toward enrollment in our USDOT Compliant Drug & Alcohol Testing Consortium. If you have questions about getting your new motor carrier authority, please call us at (866) 739-2032.
If you submit the application outside of business hours, we’ll have everything to you early the next business day, if not sooner.
If you have any questions about starting your own trucking company, don’t hesitate to give Motor Carrier HQ a call! Our coaches are happy to walk you through everything you need to get your company on the road. Don’t let paperwork slow your company down!
$395 Low Price Guarantee
We are so confident we offer the best price for our services that if you can find a better advertised price, we’ll beat it by $10. Go ahead, look around, bet you can’t find anything lower.
If there is a delay in processing your application or if it is rejected because of an error on your application, we’ll refund $95 of your fee. Even if it is an error you made that we should have caught.