Motor Carrier Authority

(2 customer reviews)


Our new operating authority package includes:

  • FMCSA filing fee ($300)
  • DOT & MC Numbers
  • BOC-3 processing agent


Want to Start Your Own Trucking Company?

If you want to start your own trucking company, you may need to get your own Motor Carrier Authority. Motor Carrier Authority, also known as Interstate Trucking Authority, is required for trucking company owners that operate as for-hire motor carriers and transporting passengers or federally-regulated commodities in interstate commerce. At Motor Carrier HQ, we understand what matters most to your business is making a profit by staying on the road. However, valuable time is spent on paperwork – slowing down your business.

What Does Our Motor Carrier Authority Package Include?

Don’t let paperwork slow your new trucking company down! If you want to get your new trucking company on the road, get our motor carrier authority package, which includes:

    • FMCSA Registration Fee – Every new trucking company has to pay a $300 fee to the FMCSA to register under the FMCSA.
    • USDOT Number – A USDOT Number acts as a unique identification number for your company. Trucking companies generally need a USDOT Number if they are hauling for-hire and their vehicle weighs more than 10,001 lbs (whether it’s a GVWR, GCWR, GVW, or GCW).
    • MC Number – Your Motor Carrier Number (also called operating authority) allows your company to operate according to the FMCSA’s regulations. This number is tied to your USDOT Number and is necessary to start your trucking company.
    • BOC-3 – Only a process agent can file the BOC-3. Don’t worry about this one. We’ll do it for free as part of our complete package!

Need more info? Watch our video to learn more about getting your motor carrier authority:

Why Choose Motor Carrier HQ?

Motor Carrier HQ will file your new Motor Carrier Authority for a low cost of $499 and we guarantee it gets filed correctly – all within one hour.

If we fail to make the one hour time frame during our regular business hours, we will give you a $50 credit toward enrollment in our USDOT Compliant Drug & Alcohol Testing Consortium. If you have questions about getting your new motor carrier authority, please call us at (866) 739-2032.

If you submit the application outside of business hours, we’ll have everything to you early the next business day, if not sooner.

Have Questions?

If you have any questions about starting your own trucking company, don’t hesitate to give Motor Carrier HQ a call! Our coaches are happy to walk you through everything you need to get your company on the road. Don’t let paperwork slow your company down!

Contact Motor Carrier HQ

Low Price Guarantee

Quality Guarantee

Quality Guarantee

If there is a delay in processing your application or if it is rejected because of an error on your application, we’ll refund $95 of your fee. Even if it is an error you made that we should have caught.

Common Questions

[accordion autoclose=”false” openfirst=”true” clicktoclose=”true”] [accordion-item title=”How Do I Get Started?”]
      • Contact Motor Carrier HQ, and we’ll ask you for all the information we need to complete your FMCSA Registration.
      • Once we begin the process, you will need to arrange for insurance.
[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”How does the Motor Carrier Authority application process work?”]

Once we complete the FMCSA Registration for your Trucking Authority, you will be issued a pending MC number and an active DOT Number.  The MC number will remain pending for a minimum of 3 weeks as part of a federal protest period. In order for your authority to be granted at the end of the protest period, you need to have two filings in place.

      1. The MCS-90, a form submitted by your insurance company showing you have the required insurance in place.  If you don’t know of any insurance companies, we can get you in contact with several trustworthy agents
      2. The BOC-3 (Designation of Process Agents), don’t worry about this one, we’ll handle it.  It’s free with our services.

You can rest easy, because as part of our service we’ll stay in contact with you to make sure everything is in place and you are informed throughout the process.  We’ll even let you know about things like when your insurance needs to get filed so you don’t pay for insurance longer than you have to, yet have it on file in time for your motor carrier authority to go active.

[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Why should I let Motor Carrier HQ take care of the application process?”]
      1. We save you time. It takes just 5 minutes to fill out our simple application. Once we have all the information we need we will submit the required documentation to the FMCSA and get the MC number issued for you.
      2. We save you money. Our process is quick and efficient which allows us to provide you the same service as our competitors for less than they can.
      3. We give you peace of mind. You don’t have to worry that your application may contain mistakes that could delay your grant date or get your application rejected altogether. Match that with our unbeatable customer service and support; it’s a no-brainer.
[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Are there any hidden costs?”] Motor Carrier HQ lets you know where your money goes. There are no hidden costs, but there are a few things you should know about the cost of starting your own trucking company:

      • The $395 covers everything you need for a standard New Motor Carrier Authority, except the insurance.
      • You may need additional filings depending on what and where you haul.
      • There will be some additional steps that may cost money in order to stay compliant with USDOT’s regulations.
      • Don’t forget to file your UCR, the $300 fine hurts your first time out.

For more information contact us at info@motorcarrierhq.com or (866) 739-2032 with any questions you have!

[/accordion-item] [/accordion]

2 reviews for Motor Carrier Authority

  1. Roger Luenebrink

    need to get mc atoraty .dot # fast and how mutch it al coust to hit the road insurance to help

  2. Robert Croon

    I’ve driven over 20 years as a company driver and now want to shift to an LLC and haul basically ” hotshot” loads . Yes you can go to the nearest DOT and get numbers yourself but after watching this video several times and if they live up to their claims it’s well worth the money. 5 stars for what I’ve watched and will comment again after going through the application process.

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *